Effective date: August 7, 2018
OnceKids LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the website and the Fujimini Island mobile application (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service. Service means the website and the Fujimini Island mobile application operated by OnceKids LLC
- Personal Data. Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data. Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers). Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User). Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
OnceKids LLC uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
OnceKids LLC may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
OnceKids LLC will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to â€” and maintained on â€” computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, OnceKids LLC may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
OnceKids LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of OnceKids LLC
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“Do Not Track” Signals Under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. OnceKids LLC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where OnceKids LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Who Will Collect Information About Children?
Even if our products are offered in conjunction with an outside partner, the partner will not receive any individual personal information from users of the Site, including children. OnceKids LLC may provide partners with aggregate or de-identified information about users.
What Information Do We Collect About Children and Why?
As described in further detail below, we collect some personal information from children so that we can track their progress through our products. Data is retained for education purposes only.
How Information is Collected
We may collect information about children directly from children, as well as automatically through a child’s use of our Site and Services. We will not require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to use our Services. A copy of a notice of our privacy practices is posted on the learning platform.
Information We Collect Directly
From children under 13, we utilize the date of birth to verify the child’s age but do not store the age. We only store whether or not they are under 13. If a child is under 13, we collect the child’s first name, and last initial. We do not ask children for their full last name. Children must create their own usernames, but are not required to provide an email. We only use user name and email address (if provided) to track a child’s progress in our courses or to reset passwords; we will not contact a child using his or her email address or username. We may also collect additional demographic information (such as race and gender) from children; however, we do not associate this with the child’s name or other personal information and we use it only to compile aggregate and de-identified information about participants in our courses. Parents may ask us to stop collecting personal information from their child by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, however, in such cases the child will not be able to take or complete our games. If a parent directs us to stop collecting and using a child’s personal information, we must disable his or her use of our games to ensure that no information is collected.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect the following information about a child’s use of our Site through cookies and other technologies: domain name; browser type and operating system; web pages viewed; links clicked; the length of time spent on our Site; the length of time our courses were taken; Google Analytics statistics; the referring URL, or the webpage that led the child to our Site; language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; and activities within our Site. We may also collect IP address, device identifier or a similar unique identifier from users of our Site, including children; we only use such identifiers to support the internal operations of our Site and we do not use such identifiers to collect information about the child outside of our Site.
Other Information We Collect About Children
We collect information about children’s performance and activities on our Site. This information is for internal use only and will not be disclosed to other entities; however, we do not use this information in personally identifiable form for our own commercial purposes. Before we analyze or use any activity data for our own commercial purposes, we de-identify and/or aggregate such information.
How We Use Children’s Information
We use personal information collected from children for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services; and
- To respond to customer service and technical support issues and requests.
We de-identify and/or aggregate the information we collect from children under 13 before we use it for any other purposes, as noted below.
We only collect and use unique identifiers, such as IP addresses, as necessary to operate our Site or Services, including to maintain or analyze their functioning; perform network communications; authenticate users or personalize content; and protect the security or integrity of users and our Site and Services. We never use unique identifiers to track users across third-party apps or websites.
Aggregate or De-identified Information
We may use aggregate or de-identified information about children for research, analysis, and similar purposes. When we do so, we strip out names, e-mail, contact information, and other personal identifiers. We may use aggregate or de-identified information for the following purposes:
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services;
- To improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences; and
- To conduct research or analysis, including research and analysis by third parties.
How We Share Children’s Information
We do not sell children’s personal information, and a child may not make his or her personal information public through our services. In general, we may disclose the personal information that we collect about children to provide our Services, to comply with the law, and to protect OnceKids LLC and other users of our Services. For example, we may share children’s personal information as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from children to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the personal information we have collected from our users to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the personal information we collect in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process.
- With Parents. Parents may request information about the information we have collected from their child by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may also use and share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, research, or similar purposes.
Your Rights to Review, Delete, and Control Our Use of Children’s Personal Information
Parents have a right to review the information we have collected about their children and students, respectively, and to delete it, and to tell us to stop using it. To exercise these rights, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to authenticate yourself as the child’s parent to receive information about that child. Please note that copies of information may remain in cached or archived form on our systems after you request us to delete it.