2019 Summer Trend Is Retro Board Games On Your Phone
Beloved board games like Scrabble, Monopoly, and Battleship hold a special place in our hearts. These “retro games” are now making a huge comeback this summer on your mobile phone.
While some argue board games are outdated, it’s quite the opposite: Classic games are enjoyed by adults today not only for their entertainment value, but for their impact on many different areas of culture. Here are a few interesting facts you may not know about these retro amusements:
- Parker Brothers prints 30 times more Monopoly money every year than the United States prints real money.
- Scrabble is an official sport in several African countries, including Senegal and Mali.
- The phrase “back to square one” takes inspiration from the game Chutes and Ladders.
In a recent world-wide survey of over 3,000 adults, games like Bingo and Monopoly remain favorites well into adulthood. Here’s a sample of the survey results:
- The #1 worldwide favorite board game is Bingo with 56.6% citing it as their favorite
- A very close second is Monopoly with 56.3% citing it
- The #3 favorite board game is Yahtzee with 34.6% citing it
Companies like Fort Mason Games are bringing classic board games back to life on our mobile devices. Their Lucky Scratch mobile game, a free to play scratch-off and match game that rewards players with real prizes, is tapping into America’s love of nostalgic board games with its new daily live Bingo with a modern twist – awarding real prizes to winners instantly and digitally.